Hello, River City!
Welcome to the Sacramento Daily Patch newsletter! This is where you’ll find all the best news and events happening in Sacramento for Saturday July 24, 2021!
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Clear all day. High: 98 Low: 61.
Here are the best stories in Sacramento today:
- Sacramento without leak strives to help homeowners repair costly leaks for free. Owners in need can ask for help and Leak-Free Sacramento will take it from there, covering the costs and working the authorization and repair processes. At present the program is on a fairly small scale and there is a waiting list, but the program manager Lance Eicher says it’s not a funding issue. They strive to find manpower to develop. (FOX40)
- This guy gets “neighbor of the year“as he foiled an attempted theft of his neighbor’s property. He noticed a moving truck with people making multiple trips to a neighboring residence in Riva on the river condos. In total, $ 3000 worth items were loaded onto the truck. Before thieves on the left, the neighbor took pictures of the truck, the suspects and the objects. The objects were recovered from a storage unit belonging to one of the suspects. (CBS Sacramento)
- Christmas came early for this Sacramento boy who was recently diagnosed with leukemia. Macy’s Town Center in partnership with Make a wish make pastor Christmas in July wish come true! Santa Claus reached from the North Pole via Zoom. And, with a little Christmas magic, Pastor discovered that Santa Claus would be visiting his home in person in November to celebrate with his family. (CBS Sacramento)
- A Save the air day was issued for Friday and Saturday in the Sacramento Region. Calm winds and triple-digit temperatures combine with smoke from surrounding forest fires to make the air “unhealthy for sensitive groups.” (ABC10)
- The Kings host a free party project for the fans! Each person can climb up to 4 free tickets to Kings of Sacramento website while supplies last. The party takes place at Gold Center 1 on July 29. Grab tickets for you and your friends to see the draft on the big screen and find out who the Kings pick with Pick # 9. (NBA.com)
Saturday Events in Sacramento
- Celebrate 2021 National Bison Soldier Day to the history Negro bar on Folsom Lake. Honor the Buffalo Soldiers, learn some history and have a barbecue. (11:30 a.m.)
- If Reggae is your thing, give it a try ReggaeFest To Brasserie Coeur Noir. There will be 4 groups and of course a great beer, to help you celebrate the day. (3 p.m.)
- Have you tried having a pool party but none of your friends have a pool? No problem! DJ 2RAW throws you one! There will be a swim up bar, tacos, basketball courts and more for your party fun. (3 p.m.)
- Enjoy a day of mariachi music at the Sacramento Mariachi Festival! There will be bands, singers and a DJ as well as food, art and fun! (4 p.m.)
- Attend (virtually) the final performance of Sacramento City Collegethe production of Hamlet. The performance will be broadcast live from City University Art Court. (7:30 p.m.)
- Wondering if the smoke from nearby forest fires will affect you? Discover this experimental smoke prediction tool of The national meteorological service. This isn’t an official forecast, but it does give you a pretty good idea of where the smoke is heading.
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Air Jordan 11–5 pair Size 14 (Details)
- MULTI-FAMILY YARD SALE – 1630 rue Winfield – SATURDAY JULY 24 (Details)
- Rental Assistant / Real Estate Agent (Details)
You are officially in the loop for today! See you tomorrow for another update. If you are feeling these newsletters, consider bringing other friends and neighbors into the fold. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Jeri karges
About me: Jeri Karges has lived and loved the Sacramento area for over 30 years. His passion is to find new and unique ways to enjoy the city and its surroundings. On the weekends, you can see her pestering her friends to taste the restaurant that has no silverware or to try their hand at ax throwing. Jeri also enjoys writing about retirement planning at https: //rockinretirement.subst …
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Sacramento Daily? I’m all ears. You can email me at [email protected]