Madison International Realty signs Lidl for 35K SF at Queens Place Mall

Madison International Realty announced that Lidl, voted a Top 5 American grocers by USA Today Readers’ Choice Awards for two consecutive years, signed a long-term lease for 35,000 square feet at Queens Place Mall in Elmhurst. The grocery store will occupy the entire lower level of the 440,000 square foot neighborhood mall. The new store is expected to open in the first quarter of 2024.

“We are delighted to welcome Lidl, an internationally renowned grocery store operator, to our list of tenants and to provide the community with what we believe will be a convenient and affordable new alternative for fresh food and groceries. . This latest addition to the mall continues our approach of bringing retailers that meet everyday needs to our malls and expanding our range of retail offerings. We view the Lidl store as an integral complement to the services we provide to the neighborhood and to families shopping at Queens Place,” said Ehud Kupperman, director of Madison International Realty.

“On behalf of Queens’ oldest and largest trade association, I am pleased to congratulate Madison International Realty on adding this globally recognized company to its roster of tenants, and Lidl on opening a second location in the “World’s Borough”. This supermarket will seek to create quality employment opportunities and provide an affordable place to purchase groceries for residents of Elmhurst and surrounding neighborhoods. We look forward to celebrating the 2024 opening and shopping at Lidl’s Queens Place Mall for years to come,” said Tom Grech, President and CEO of the Queens Chamber of Commerce.

“Food Bank For New York City values ​​and appreciates the dedication, commitment and partnership that Lidl gives to the community and the support of its neighbors, and we are thrilled to see their continued growth and expansion in New York City. said Janis Robinson, Food BankFor NYC. Vice President of Institutions and Partnerships. “Opening a new location in the Elmhurst section of Queens will be a great addition to the neighborhood and we are excited about the possibilities and opportunities that lie ahead of us.”

“Lidl is well known for its well-paying jobs, affordable prices and diverse, healthy, high-quality food offerings, so we’re very pleased the company is opening a second store here in Queens,” Queens Borough said. Chairman Donovan Richards Jr. “Lidl’s Astoria location has been a big hit with shoppers, and we look forward to the same kind of success as the company’s branches in Elmhurst serving families in central Queens.”

Lidl has been repeatedly rewarded for its shopping experience, in particular by Food and Wine Magazine and USA Today Readers’ Choice Award. The company offers an industry-leading salary and benefits package, including health care for all full-time and part-time employees, regardless of the number of hours worked per week.

“We look forward to bringing fresh, affordable and convenient groceries to Queens Place and providing our area customers with the best value every day,” said Or Raitses, Lidl US Sr. Real Estate Director. “We recognize that Lidl’s high-quality, low-cost fresh produce offering is more important than ever, and we look forward to continuing our expansion throughout New York City and serving even more customers in the region.”

Based in Arlington, Virginia, Lidl operates more than 170 stores on the East Coast, including 25 in New York State. In the New York area, Lidl currently has stores in Staten Island, Harlem and Astoria, Queens. The new Queens Place store will replace DSW, whose lease expires in August.

Madison International Realty was represented by Diana Boutross, Ian Lerner and Alan Schmerzler of Cushman & Wakefield. Lidl was represented by Kenneth Schuckman of Schuckman Realty.

Queens Place is part of a 2.5 million square foot retail portfolio of 15 properties in New York that Madison has acquired from Forest City Realty Trust. The real estate private equity firm acquired a 49% stake in Queens Place in 2011 and bought the remaining 51% in 2018.

(Visited 1 time, 26 visits today)

About Martin Aaron

Check Also

🌱 New York Board of Elections Guidelines + Commack Day at Hoyt Farm

Hello everyone! I’m back in your inbox this morning with all the big stuff happening …