Hello, River City!
Welcome to the Sacramento Daily Patch newsletter! This is where you’ll find all the best news and events happening in Sacramento for friday 23 july, 2021!
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Clear all day. High: 98 Low: 59.
Here are the best stories today in Sacramento:
- You may remember, about a month ago there was a story in this newsletter about a diver prosthetic leg in the American river and returned it to its owner. What I didn’t know at the time was that it was the SECOND prosthetic leg in a year that this guy found and returned to its rightful owner! Not only that, last year he retired 128 cell phones and 600 pairs of sunglasses of the rivers of Sacramento. He also cleans garbage and hazardous waste from the river while he’s there. This guy does Sacramento proud! (ABC10)
- Sacramento Police are investigating a death in a business park in Lake of the woods neighborhood near Boulevard des Expositions. The death could be linked to a traffic accident, authorities said. The man was pronounced dead at the scene. No further information is available. The investigation is ongoing. (FOX40)
- A South of Sacramento The church received a grant to update the dig it uses for a clothes closet that helps those returning to work have clothes for this process. Southpointe Christian Center in South of Sacramento received what is called Lowe’s 100 Hometowns Grant. With the accompanying $ 50,000, the church will update the 2-car garage in which it currently operates. They will be able to repair the roof and add a little more comfort for volunteers and clients. (KCRA3)
- Police are investigating an incident involving one of their own. A 65-year-old cyclist was hospitalized for non-life threatening injuries after a period of service Sacramento County Member of Parliament The strike. The assistant was responding to a call as she backed up her cruiser on the road and collided with the cyclist. She then answered the call. When asked if the collision was investigated as a hit and run, North Sacramento CHP said the collision was being investigated as a “collision causing injury”. (CBS Sacramento)
- Gregg Knapp, an old Bag condition football star and former NFL assistant coach has died of a bicycle accident. the Sacramento State head football coach, Troy talyor, paid tribute to the former graduate, saying that “Greg was not just a great alumnus hornet player and coach, but one of the nicest and most generous people I have ever known. “Knapp was 58. (CBS Sacramento)
Today’s Sacramento Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Sacramento!
Friday events in Sacramento
- To rejoin Hops and handlebars their Shop-n-Sip event to benefit prostate cancer awareness. This event will be held at Warehouse cooperative in Old Sacramento and will feature At Ease Brewing, say Tarts, and more! (5:00 p.m.)
- Live music and food trucks at Tahoe Park! Go out, hang out with your neighbors, enjoy the beer garden, food and camaraderie! (5:00 p.m.)
- Spotted dog yoga welcome a full moon SUP-yoga class on Lake Natoma. Go out and get your zen in the moonlight! (5:45 p.m.)
- Thunder Blanket will be at Swabs on the river tonight! It is one of the from Sacramento favorite cover groups. Get your tickets in advance because this one could sell very well! (6.30 p.m.)
- Come see the very first night of comedy at Disconnect Brewing in Orangevale. The show will be hosted by Joey Stultz, a classmate of the owners of LogOff, Jim and Matt. It will be a free show for Only adults. (8 p.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Air Jordan 11–5 pair Size 14 (Details)
- Rental Assistant / Real Estate Agent (Details)
Please follow and stay informed! See you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Jeri karges
About me: Jeri Karges has lived and loved the Sacramento area for over 30 years. His passion is to find new and unique ways to enjoy the city and its surroundings. On the weekends, you can see her pestering her friends to taste the restaurant that has no silverware or to try their hand at ax throwing. Jeri also enjoys writing about retirement planning at https: //rockinretirement.subst …
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Sacramento Daily? Contact us anytime at [email protected]